LANAP Syracuse & Liverpool, NY
Ann Marie Adornato, DMD, MSD offers no fear gum disease treatment to patients in Upstate New York. Dr. Adornato is a certified LANAP and LAPIP protocol clinician, offering less invasive treatments for gum disease sufferers and those with failing dental implants.
Dr. Ann Marie Adornato is now the first clinician in Onondaga county certified in the LANAP® protocol to treat gum disease and LAPIP™ protocol for ailing dental implants. Dr. Adornato is at the forefront of the future of dentistry, treating patients in Liverpool and the surrounding region with the world’s first and only FDA cleared laser treatment to re-grow bone.
The LANAP protocol is a laser-based treatment for gum disease. There is no cutting and suturing with the LANAP protocol. Patients typically report less pain and discomfort during and after the procedure, compared to traditional periodontal surgery. This patient friendly procedure helps you get healthy again comfortably, without fear. Generally, the LANAP protocol is less invasive than traditional surgery and helps maintain a beautiful smile line. The LANAP protocol is a patented periodontal treatment, cleared by the FDA in 2004. The procedure can only be done with the PerioLase® MVP-7; this laser operates at a specific wavelength that attacks the bacteria that contributes to gum disease while leaving healthy tissue intact. Post-surgical recession and tooth sensitivity, which can be significant following traditional gum surgery, are also greatly reduced.
“It was important to me to bring the LANAP and LAPIP protocols to my home in Upstate New York because of its effectiveness in treating gum disease and infected dental implants, with reduced pain for patients,” states Dr. Adornato. “My goal is always to improve my patients’ health while also bearing their needs in mind.”
Periodontal disease, or gum disease, can be mild or severe. Early warning signs can be red or sensitive gums. Advanced signs include chronic bad breath and loose teeth. LANAP treatment uses the PerioLase® MVP-7™ dental laser to target the bacteria and endotoxins causing gum disease. The laser energy vaporizes diseased tissue without harming or removing any healthy gum tissue and allows the body to recover from the chronic infection without the need for scalpel or sutures.
“Before now, patients in Syracuse and surrounding towns only had cut and sew techniques to treat their gum disease, or have their dental implants removed,” Dr. Adornato continues.“With advanced laser technology, we can even treat patients on blood thinners without removing or reducing their medication. Most patients can return to daily activities immediately, without opioids.”
- Faster Healing
- LANAP® is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less Discomfort
- Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- Minimal Recovery Time
- Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession
- Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding
- The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth
- Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns – LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
For information on the LANAP and LAPIP protocols, call Ann Marie Adornato DMD, MSD, PC Periodontics and Dental Implants Phone Number 315-451-7151 or visit: http://oralhealthny.com for an appointment.